What are the steps to secure my wedding date and event space?
Upon selection of your wedding date and event space, a contract will be prepared by your Catering Sales Manager. A non-refundable initial deposit of 25% of the total value (room rental + food and beverage minimum) and signed contract are required to confirm your wedding date. Your event must be paid in full prior to your wedding date, per the individualized deposit schedule detailed in your contract.
What service charge and taxes are applied to my event? Does the service charge and tax go towards the food and beverage minimum?
All food and beverage and auto visual equipment are subject to a taxable service charge and prevailing Washington State Sales Tax. Taxes and service charge do not contribute towards food and beverage minimum.
How long do I have the space?
The event space is booked in five (5) hour blocks. This is five (5) hours of event time (not inclusive of set up or break down). Please inquire with your Catering Sales Manager if you are interested in adding additional time.
What linen and décor is included? What type of chairs do you provide?
Included with your room rental fee, Salish Lodge & Spa provides your choice of basic linen colors. In addition, Salish offers three (3) gold votive candles for each guest table. Also included in your room rental fee are standard brown banquet chairs and white folding chairs for outdoor ceremonies.
For further event enhancement your Catering Sales Manager can provide quotes for custom linens, chair covers, lounge furniture, chargers, arches, and many other décor items.
Can I bring in candles?
Candles are permitted in the event spaces, however, due to fire regulations all candles must be in a holder that extends at least one (1) inch above the flame. Taper candles are not allowed. Salish Lodge & Spa is pleased to provide three (3) complimentary votives per dining table.
What time can I have access to the room to set up? What time can vendors access the room to set up?
Event set up is authorized one (1) hour before the event begins. If vendors require additional time, please discuss an early set up with your Catering Sales Manager.
Can Salish make my wedding cake? What is the cake cutting fee?
Salish Lodge & Spa provides custom wedding cakes and cupcakes. Please contact your Catering Sales Manager for more information. If you would like to bring in a cake from an outside licensed bakery, a cake cutting fee of $5.00 per person will be applied.
Can you provide children's menus and vendor meals?
Children's and vendor meals may be added to your menu starting at $25.00 each (children ages 4 through 12). Please ask your Catering Sales Manager for full menu details.
Can we have a wedding rehearsal?
Your Catering Sales Manager will arrange a one (1) hour ceremony rehearsal for you and your wedding party. Rehearsals are based on availability. Time and space are confirmed up to two (2) weeks prior to your wedding date. Please contact your Catering Sales Manager in advance to schedule your rehearsal.
Is there a place for the wedding party to get ready?
In addition to the wedding night, many of our brides and grooms choose to stay with us the evening before their wedding and, therefore, have the use of their guest room to get ready. Salish also provides a complimentary changing room for the bride based on availability. This room is one of our event spaces and the specific space will be confirmed one (1) week prior to your event. You will have access to this room for a 5-hour time period on your wedding date, and food and beverage may be ordered through your Catering Sales Manager.
*No outside food or beverage is allowed in our changing rooms, including alcohol (per Washington State Law)*.
What is the role of the Catering Sales Manager?
The Catering Sales Manager will help plan the details of your wedding as it relates to Salish Lodge & Spa. For example:
- Act as a liaison between the culinary and banquet teams, consulting on your menus, pricing, and set up menu
- Create an estimate of charges outlining your financial commitments to the venue
- Design a floor plan for the ceremony and reception
- Coordinate rental equipment (i.e. tent, specialty linen, chairs and chair covers)
- Work with vendors to coordinate time for set-up and deliveries
- Assist with timeline planning
- Prepare a Banquet Event Order (BEO), detailing the specifics of the event
- Oversee the setup of your function space, food preparation and other venue operations
- Arrange and collect any necessary deposits
Will there be a dedicated wedding planner on site and how is this role different than my Catering Sales Manager?
Salish Lodge does not provide a dedicated day-of wedding planner, however if you require a wedding planner or day-of coordinator please refer to our Preferred Vendor List. A wedding planner would help in the following ways:
- Assist with etiquette and protocol for invitations, family matters, ceremony and toasts
- Create a custom look with personalized details and décor tailored to your budget
- Work with you to organize and coordinate your ceremony rehearsal and ceremony outline
- Confirm call times, details and specific order details with all vendors several days prior to the big day for accuracy
- Act as the liaison between your band/dj, photographer, videographer and other vendors to ensure seamless operation
- Ensure all wedding party has their personal floral and assist with the pinning/arranging
- Deliver and arrange ceremony programs, escort cards, favors and any personal items on the day of the wedding
- Coordinate the rehearsal and ceremony (line up wedding party, assist with dress, and the questions)
- Review catering contracts to ensure all of your requests are communicated appropriately
When my guests arrive at Salish, how will they know the location of the ceremony and reception?
The professional staff at Salish Lodge & Spa will direct your guests to the location of your ceremony and reception. Your event space will be clearly labeled with a personalized sign.
What are the parking options at Salish?
Complimentary self-parking is available for all event guests in the Snoqualmie Falls parking lot, located across the street from the Salish Lodge & Spa. Valet parking is part of the resort fee for all guests staying overnight at Salish.